Monday, October 07, 2024

I'm not the entertainment...until last call I guess.

 Last night at the Eagle was so surreal. I did a rock show with my exwife and she got to meet my work bestie Seala. We did our nightclub act. We were the middle band and our set was all about being divorced. We love doing what we do best...slay audiences. Olive overheard one of the crowd saying "That was amazing, they are great, very entertaining but now I need a nap. That made me tired." LOL I'm guessing thats because normally when a band is playing there are moments when you can talk to a friend or eat or whatever. When the clowns are on everyone shuts up and pays attention because stuff moves fast and it's all designed to retain audience attention. Earlier we had band practice but spent half the time talking about our romances.Later my new girlie friend showed up bringing me some food and that added to the surrealism. I'm seeing lots of people show up from here on Facebook, People who read my page. Thanks for comming. I keep hearing "Go to the Eagle Eye, Dingo Dizmal is working the door." I sometimes remind people "I'm not the entertainment, KJ Dan is." I been giving my own friends money to tip the KJ when I don't see them doing it. A street person gifted me some beer. I don't drink beer and outside alcohol is contraband where I work so I took the 6pack down road. I chase street folks away on the regs but I'm very kind and non judgmental. I appreciate the gift. It seems like Sunday night is turning into Spanish language karaoke night. The last several Sundays have been a Spanish lesson. I translate for the KJ even though I don't speak Spanish. Saterday night was really cool because there were lots of black folks. They were watching "Dirty Ethan" a fellow Texican mixie like myself slaying the song "Bandz a make her dance" with his stunt African American Katie. They do the song all the time. I knew what was comming. Dirty E raps powerfully while Kate twerks until an N word comes up and Kate triumphantly yells it. Those tables full of people lost it. They were beside themselves. I love that they got so much enjoyment out of Ethan and Kates bi racial co-operation. I like Sunday nights because I have time to connect with the security guy across the street and update my coworkers on security stuff. At last call I put my ID scanner device away and pulled out my guitar. I played the song Deloris for the last 10 patrons. The looks on thier faces was hysterical because they never see me perform anything.



No comments:

"Costume event or Portland?"

 "Costume event or Portland?" It's a thing that has evolved about our town. An ongoing conversation visitors have that rarly i...