Saturday, October 05, 2024

Hocus Pocus

 I got flowiz from JEM. One of my favorite people from the Essential Elements days on Hawthorn JEM was in town. Jem and a bunch of friends were at Eagle when I got there.

JEM gave me flowers. Sprout was there too being an amazing human cartoon. I shared many a stage with Sprout. She is legit. She sells every song full throttle. AJ said "Wow Dingo, I love that table of Hocus Pocus you have there. They all love you" I was about to say "Wait a minit Bub, Who you callin Hocus Pocus. Then it dawned on me. All 5 of them were witches.
How did they know eachother? Beltaine.
I'm on the job though. I won't let these charmers distract me from my appointed sentry duty. I went outside. Ashtrays empty, no bandits and two guys talking. "Excuse me Gentlemen." They know who I am. "Fellows, do you feel secure?"
LOL Asking them that, made them instantly apprehensive. "Why Dingo?" I said. "Because I'm security this evening and i want to make sure yall secure. Do you need a footrub, a pay raise, a soulmate, an umbrella, wanna tell me your feels and have me reflect them? Need a blanket?" They assured me they were secure.
I went back in.
Earlier in the night I had got some sad news from my North Star (vaguebooking) so it was a delight to have good friends around.


It was also fortunate that the scariest people in the room actually respected what I asked them to do. I was lowkey expecting to get my bell rung asking all 4 of them for ID even if they are only there for the ATM.
The shift went smooth as a sneaker full o puppy poo.
At the end of the night a cute witchy girl offered me some smootches. I'm not getting paid to makeout so I counted it out like a shot "1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000. Delightful Mon Amour, See ya later ok?" It's a wonderful perk of the job but I have to treat it with respect. It's an unfair playing field. I'm sober. I call it a "snapshot romance" and leave it alone. If anyone calls me the next day then thats a different conversation. When they are toxed, I'm hands off.
LOL It was a foggy ride home on that electric bike but i was already discombobulated by Necky McNeckerson kissing me up like that
. I'm calli'n this nite a win. bessos Y Flor

No comments:

"Costume event or Portland?"

 "Costume event or Portland?" It's a thing that has evolved about our town. An ongoing conversation visitors have that rarly i...