Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Olive "I'm getting us food stamps!"

 Olive "I'm getting us food stamps!" Me"We qualify for food stamps?" Her "We always qualified but never needed to apply. We purposefully kept our income low to for tactical reasons but covid 19 changed the rules a bit. Now we qualify and it's relevant." Tru dat. Chasing money was never a big part of our clownistry, just what we need. We ate free in lots of places and had so many lifegazms it never seemed right to ask Uncle Sam for anything. Covid changed it. I thought I was living on popcorn and hotdogs to remember my circus days. lol. So on hold with the Gova Mint for an hour it kept playing this jazz progression that sounded like a Casio organ submerged in a fishtank. Garbled. I absolutely loved it. So much did I dig the sound I started looking up Steely Dan chords to try and learn how to play them. Trying to be helpful I grabbed Olive a pen and paper to talk to Da Man. She waved me off pointing to her computer. Last time I was on food stamps my daughter was little and there was no laptops. lol. Then a miracle happened, Olive's laptop froze, my archaic device may come in handy after all. She said when we get the stamps there will be none of my food martyring allowed. That's that idiotic thing were she asks for a shopping list and I got nothing but coffee. "Spend the rest on you and the kids." If there is fancy bread in the house they have to tell me it was day old, if there are steaks they have to say "Don't worry, we didn't spend money on you we found this at a bus stop" Yeah me being a food martyr is zero help to Olive who just needs to get the shopping chore done. Good job sticking with this Olive.




No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.