Monday, June 22, 2020

Happy Birthday Scarlet!

Last week I got the most adorable email ever. "Hi I'm Scarlet, I'm almost 8 years old and all I want for my birthday is some Olive and Dingo dolls. My Mom said she would get them for me if I found you. Please tell me how to get dolls. Scarlet." That was the most charming Email I ever opened. Olive was impressed and made time to build these for her. I asked Scarlet what colors she liked and she replied "I like Space" We didn't have a lot of space themed fabric. Olive ended up butchering her own cosmic mini-skirt to make the booties and my hat band. I love that Olive cares most for the kid enjoying the dolls. Now the fun part. Delivering the dolls via tallbike. WooHoo! Happy Birthday Scarlet!






I hope one day when Scarlet is in her 50's she lovingly pulls these dolls out of a box in the back of the closet. She smiles at us reminiscing about her childhood in Portland. Remembering the adventures she took us on. Then she introduces us to her almost 8 year old grand kid who treats us gingerly like the relics we have become.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.