Thursday, June 25, 2020

Portland sucks at mask.

Portland sucks at mask. We were just at a BLM protest. Almost everyone had masks. As we marched I noticed that almost nobody else had masks.
Bars, diners, basketball courts, bus stops no masks. Lots of crowds but zero masks. I guess if you care enough to stand up for your neighbors then chances are you also care enough to strap on a mask.
This makes me really respect folks who rock masks all day while decrying them as pointless and complaining the whole time. I actually respect them more than regular folks (even activists) who are too full of themselves to keep everyone safe.
If you are an activist and you approach me with your nose poking out of a mask I will throw rocks at you. It's not personal just business. I live around a lot of older folks and nothing you are trying to tell me is worth losing them.
Lots of people cheered us on though. Portland is good at Black Lives Matter.
It's written on signs in thousands of yards and windows, It was neat seeing people call their kids to witness civic action. Many people dropped what they were doing and joined us. I saw folks had protest signs ready by the door like they were skateboards.
It was funny that the haters were parodies of themselves. Exactly who you would expect.
The BBQ Becky type standing there angrily with the phone, the crew-cut bathrobed boomer in the land yacht fully enraged and clearly only in his car to follow the protest and menace the rear guard (including Olive).
Today I saw a lot of heroic people putting themselves in harm's way to keep the folks safe.
One passing stranger kind of jack-knifed their car in such a way that another driver who was road raging couldn't run over everyone.
They only had to wait about 5 min. for the group to cross the street, No idea why so many people were so triggered.
The news was asking us questions. We were trying to give a lot of non answers because our words have been spun before. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed one of them actually corking traffic with us. respect.
Olive was extraordinarily brave today btw.
And the award for funniest, awful, moronic comment was one I saw on another news coverage "Why don't those BLM people know Jesus?" HAHAHA! What a rube. You get the steaming, still warm, "Part of the problem" prize. :)

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.