Thursday, April 23, 2020

Shocking. My 14 y.o.boy is playing guitar.

Sounds like a can of cats but it's all correct. The finesse will come with time. I was never gonna have the time to teach him. Now he is much farther than I was in the beginning. Especially with the mechanical elements.
Guitar 101 is part of his homeschooling but I'm sure it's just the beginning for him. Hope he enjoys the journey and doesn't abuse the power that comes with playing this instrument. He has learned a lot with us.
Yoga, cooking, writing, comedy sports, no matter what he chooses my feelings are the same...I will never have to tune my own guitar again. :)
Uncle Covid got me a guitar tech.
He never cared to learn until he challenged me to learn a song from a video game that i never played Doom.
He saw potential at that point I stuck the song in nonedreds of seconds. Maybe he thought I would have to come up with charts, formulas and theories then get back to him in a week. I was playing it cold as soon as I heard the predictable progressions.
He smiled so big, like it was a magic trick.
I thought "If this kid likes this he is gonna love Judas Priest. Same style.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.