Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Life is a nature documentary.

Most folks who encounter us treat us with love and kindness, some don't know or care about us and even fewer respond with abuse. It's water off my back. In today's doc we were on our bikes trying to get our car tire fixed. As I waited for Olive to negotiate, a lady (on the left) approached me and started asking about Pedalpalooza.

I wasn't amused that the little bit of money we made today was going to maintenance.
Once a week we use our car "Matilda" to get our kids to the other side of town and back. Last trip we caught a flat. Talking about bike events makes me happy. But unfortunately I didn't get to say anything before this other woman (on the right) walked up saying "I'm sorry, you stink! You usually smell really bad but today you smell worse than ever."


I never seen her in my life so that was odd.
The first lady split quick I suppose thinking something was about to kick off.
I said nothing but internally I was amused. I'm downwind of her and in a strong breeze, no way she smells anything. Bad odor must be her excuse to protest my general existence. I'm a long way away from the days of deliberately smelling bad. It used to be a form of rebellion. Gutterpunk tactics are obsolete these days. Also I'm a gorgeous woman's comfort object, Olive isn't hip to any bad smells on me and when I do sweat it effects her in a way that is too hot for Facebook to describe. I can take criticism but this one isn't even close. :) I just smiled and the lady stood there staring at me waiting for the reaction I would never give up. Then Olive and I went to a nearby cafe. Out the window we see a homebum park his garbage can and sit directly across for a man.
It was an awkward moment for him but entertaining nature doc for us. We waited and watched the nature doc to see how it turned out.

Eventually one of the baristas noticed and asked the man what he was doing "waiting for the cops" he said. But nobody called the cops so they never came. After some more tedious moments the fuzzy fellow got up and took his trashcan away. We didn't get the photo of the smile of relief that the customer had when he got his personal space back.
I'm glad my traffic cam was rolling when this stuff went down. Great nature doc. :)
like what we do? oliveanddingo.com/donate

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.