Friday, May 31, 2019

"The Stump" it's what we call the double necked guitar.


 We keep learning that it isn't ideal for kiddi punkrock shows. 
It doesn't ride on the bike very cleanly and all of it's tones compete with Olive's sound. 


The big gutstring I play everyday truly is perfect for the job. But when I'm alone with The Stump, it's all math prog rock. 
The Stump is as complicated as I am.
 I don't play covers but I always hear Rush influence (ala A Farewell to Kings) as well as Yes, David Gilmore,  and occasionally SRV blues sounds.
The Stump is for scoring videos and personal enjoyment. 
For the kid act, it's all about Trigger. On the Gut string I'm more in line with Willie Nelson.
 I named that guitar "Trigger" after Willie's guitar. That ax sings with Olive's tones perfectly. We can do old school country, ska, blues, rock, flamenco, jazz, boogie woogie all the way to stuff that sounds like The Kinks, Black Flag, The Clash and The Ramones. Trigger also perfectly fits on my bike with the amp, books and mic stand. 
I don't jam with people so I try and keep the gear solo act friendly. 
 I never thought I would dig doing a kid act so much but it has all my favorite sounds including the kid crowds howling and laughing. :) It's a great town to be a clown.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.