Sunday, March 29, 2009

dingo's twig

Dig this Ya'll this is fascinating...
Back in Beerstaine Texas where I'm from, I have a mom named Alma Fernandez, she actually lives in San Antonio where I was actually born.
Her husband is a strapping fellow named Vincente Fernandez, his two daughters and son have become my new sisters and little brother.
My sister Lisa has a son that I'm missing A LOT named Anthony.
they live in San Antonio too with my brother John.
The only one out of them that can clown is my mom...for a lady who is part owner of a string of funeral homes and isn't the kind of person who uses swear words, she is one funny broad....I mean it, my mom has been know to clown birthday parties just because she can.

Anyways, she found out during the autumn of life that her parents (my grand parents) weren't really her parents. My Grandfather seems to have taken my mom from a dirt farm in the middle of Texas some place.
See her real MOm is called "Conception" and apparently she thought she was dying because she told her 7 or so kids."...You have a sister named Alma" and eventually they found her.
Imagin someone telling you your parents arn't related to you.
My grandfather John D.B.was a heavy hitting homicide detective in S.A., during the 1950s could have gotten her any way he liked.
I remember as a child everyone around him would cower if he wasn't pleased with them. He also had many many many friends quite a lot of sobbing cops AND robbers at his funeral.
I asked for some names from her family history just for some exploration into my own heritage. My dad's mom was from England and my dad's dad was from Canada (Nova Scotia) I wanted to know about my mom, here is what she wrote...


My Dad's name was John Barrera, of course. His dad was Paul Barrera and his mother was Irene Dunne De Leon. My mother, Eloisa Hernandez - her parents were Vicente Hernandez and Jesusita Perez. On the blood side, all I know is that Conception had the last name of Peshea (spelling?) " Fish " in French. She was French/Indian and her father or grandfather was a casket maker! She went by the name of C. . . Villarreal which was her husband, but not my birth father. I only know that my birth father was named Anthony (not sure of first name) Alvarez and I think he went by the his middle name which I can not think of right now.

1 comment:

kbclark said...

"pescia" is more likely how your biological maternal grandmother's name is spelled. "Pesc-" is latin for fish, I believe. How odd! This is why I work for an adoption agency that advocates for openness whenever possible. How confusing and scary to find out that one's cultural and familial identity is incorrect! (ps - any pictures from the zappa show yet?)

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.