Friday, April 08, 2022

Dad cred.

 Showing my son Pulp Fiction was a triumph in Dad cred. He loved learning where all his fave memes came from. Tenacious D notsomuch. I thought it would kill but some of it didn't age well. The pick of destiny is one of my favorites but the main thing the characters are afraid of is gay sex (with the devil).

A lot of my fave movies don't work because they come from a meaner time. We were watching another title i thought he would like and i was amazed he wasn't laughing. "What's funny about those mentally disabled people having a hard time living and communicating Dad? They need some back-up, some meaningful support."

WOW! That was some impressive empathy I must never have had. "Well son, Y'see one is dumb...and the other is Dumber.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.