Sunday, December 20, 2020

Hwy99 in the Clackimas mile post 15.

 Hwy99 in the Clackimas mile post 15. I call this "Widowmaker weather" We aren't driving in this downpour for technical reasons (blame the equipment warning) The dome light killed our battery. We have been walking in the maelstrom a lot. The reason I call this Widowmaker Weather is because of trees not rocks. The limbs on some of these old trees get waterlogged and unexpectedly come crashing down. That wasn't a problem where I grew up because the trees aren't as big as dinosaurs. We were looking at some doozies last night. Giant branches that somehow didn't cream anyone or anything. Olive met the neighborhood owl last night. At around 3 am it silently flew right at us and swooped up into a tree above our heads. Olive shrieked "Look an Owl!" I was all "Yeah we've met." She was apprehensive about the owl, I was apprehensive of the branch this cat sized beast landed on.


No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.