Monday, October 26, 2020

Mythology.

For a long time I have been studying how history treats the heroes and villains of old. How twisted will the current players stories be? The Captain of the Titanic had songs about him saving babies before going down with the ship but no songs about how he drove the ship almost at full speed while ignoring over 100 iceberg warnings. HAHAHA! I wouldn't want to write that song, that's depressing. "Women and children first" Fun fact: About as many men from first class (54) survived as children (55) in third class didn't survive. But that could be because they were at the bottom of the boat. I used the Titanic as a punchline during some of our kid shows a few years ago. Olive griped me out a bit for mentioning that disaster in front of the kids. I was so delighted she gave me the chance to legitimately ask "Too soon?" That was delicious.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Captain Smith, saving a child while the ship went down April 15th 1912'
Deena Matthews, Russ Peterson and 3 others
5 Comments
1 Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.