Saturday, May 23, 2020

Listening to the Portland Fire on the scanner..

 It's intense. I wanted to know what a nearby Fire truck was excited about. Dusted Old Betsy off, tuned in and found out theres black smoke pouring out of someone's front door. EEesh. That's rough. 
That means it's around 2am and a house is on fire. Someone's life is changing tonight. I feel for them. I can relate.
 I have scars on me from house fires. Twice in my life I was woken to the house I was in being on fire. I also ran into a burning house once and that was fairly terrifying. These pros tonight are a delight to listen to. 
The picture of bravery. The fire is in the basement... and they are going in. What? I was like
 "I just do attics man," I ain't going into a frikkin basement that's on frikkin fire." 
These Cats do Godblessum. 
The homeowner told them it was chemicals burning. Chemicals!
 I'm hearing them darth vader breathing the play by play to each other as some of them knock down the fire while others search the pad for anyone...even the cat. 
Sounds like a no injury thing. Hope so. 
Wow, Big thanks to the Fire crews. They will not hesitate to go into harm's way. It was a pleasure to hear them soundly spank that situation. What would be worse, a housefire from: A."some chemicals",
 B. laptop cord, 
C. lightning or D. something Ironic like a giant Salt Water aquarium? 
Now the fire crew are off to the Albina train yard where a locomotive is on fire and dripping battery acid.
 Can't put it out with water because of the acid. 
Maybe they will blow it out. 
It's not threatening anything else but if you live around there (and listen to clowns in the wee hours) ya may wanna shut yer window.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.