Friday, May 29, 2020

Corner turned. Olive is not in agonizing pain constantly.

 Her kidney infection ordeal is waning. Finally starting to be herself and far more chatty: Just told be the entire plot of the movie Venom. She woke me up this morn in that spectacular way people wake each other when they are grateful for being cared for (with coffee on, a back massage, flurry of careful kisses). Still not right as rain, her abdomen is sore. 
The pain that comes with this infection is intense and leaves echoes. 
Also being on drugs isn't our thing so she took Tylenols and ibuprofens as sparingly as possible. It's interesting that the pain became like a roommate that we have to live with and who has a schedule that we had to abide by. 
Olive: "I should go take a hot bath because my pain will be back on strong in 30 min." I loved her strategies of dressing in mini skirts and half shirts the whole time she was in the worst way. She would be croaking in pain, "You like this right?" Of course I do, but I had to say, "It's.. it's not about me, hon. I don't care what you wear." 
But to her credit I was never more than a shout away from her the whole week. Well played life-mate. I would sleep on the floor so she had as much bed-space as possible. When I thought she was going to wake up I would get up and help her downstairs to the bathroom when I could. 
I couldn't have slept on the bed anyway, because the sounds of torment aren't exactly conducive to sound sleeping . I'm so glad to be on the other side of this. 
Thanks for all the well wishes and support from our friends and family we should be rocking and rolling within' a few days. 

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.