Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Left my guitar outside a shop for a while today

Lotta grumps on the grill today. I was almost one of them. After making nondreds of dollars busking on Hawthorne we did what clowns do and got distracted.
We interviewed folks with an empty camera and frolicked around with sidewalk chalk, posed for pics with tourists, went to the grocery store, found our way home.
Then I realized I had left my guitar in front of this store a LOOOONG time ago.
I jumped on my bike, flew down some streets, turned the corner and bam headwind (wap waaa) and I'm 10' up in the crows nest of my bike fighting a wall of wind while hoping I didn't just lose "Trigger".
I got to the spot and pulled the guitar out (like Excalibur) from where I put it next to the bush.
About that time I tuned around to see Olive Rootbeer catching up on her bike.
She was shaking her head and saying "You gotta be the luckiest clown I ever met."
She says that a lot.
I think "Maybe I know how to set stuff out of the way+ people are nice +it looks like a trap.
I think the number one reason my guitar was unharmed is that folks were too grouchy out on the grill to care about ground score guitars.
Hahaha.
I wasn't so grouchy after getting my friend back.
The Kids at Heart toy shop crew were a riot.
Their pleasant reactions when we came in and voluntold them we were gonna occupy their slice of sidewalk for shenanigans. They were like "ok, clowns go be clowns, good luck. Need water?"




No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.