Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mallory Malody

Just got back from doing auctioneer duty at Muddy Waters, I loved it, I think I'm a natural!I don't know how how much dough we raised but it was a lot more than I thought we would get.
My fave act tonight was Endi and my fave food was the boiled potatoes wrapped in foil and waiting for our cannon.
I sold 9 people as dates ranging from beer drinking hang outs to full scale forestry training. I would start the bidding at around $5 depending on what the person being sold agrees is the going rate for the time spent and move up in price.
Auctioneering is exciting let me tell ya!
It was a blast and we got to see Olive Rootbeer's family too. It was really good to see people who represent family because I haven't seen my kids in a long time.
Lots of people turned out all weekend and many bands offered music.
One cool thing about Muddy's is that you can get a shift working there and make some dough. You can learn barisa and bar tending!
The only parts I would change would be the treatment of the band Riot Cop. Riot Cop is one of the coolest bands in town and tonight they set up just to get shut down because of noise. Someone booked Riot Cop to start playing at 9:45 WTF?
The other part of the night I would change is that Olive and I were s'posed to be auctioned off tonight too but it never happened. To be honest Olive and I were only interested in being bought by one person. Somehow during the hubbub we missed out on connecting with her.
We really want to take her....painting.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.