Monday, July 03, 2006

Lynn is here!

Our ex roomie Lynn just got in from Georga YAY! I love when people who moved out are still in our lives, the family is getting bigger.
She had left her motor bike here and was having trouble getting it started again, it took me 10 min.s and I had it running, the secret; I pretended I wAS stealing it.
I told her not to tell antone that I worked on a motor vehicle.
I used to be a repo man in Texas many moons ago and before that I was car thief so I do know a thing or two about getting vehicles running in a hurry.That was a long time ago and since then I quit both stealing and fossil fuels.

Last night as I was comming home from work I noticed an orange glow is someones yard, as I got closer I realized that it was the kind of fire that won't come from lamps or fireworks, that was a brush fire.
As I got closer the fire kicked into gear and grew as tall as the three story house ot was in front of.
It was in the bushes next to the house and slowly creeping to the corners.
I dropped my bike and ran through the fire and onto the front door and started knocking like mad, this was at about 3:00 am.
It took the people a long time to roust, eventually after both ringing the bell and constant yelling and knocking I saw two feet clumsily tripping over a baby fence and stumbling down the stairs, They could see the blaze from the top floor window so they knew what was up.
The lady and her kiddo got out and called the fire department.
Everyone was safe so I went home expecting to hear sirens but the deal is, the fire crews were super busy and I never did hear any sirens so maybe the house burned to the ground I havent checked.
My theory is that someone drove by and tossed a firework out the wondow and into the dry shrubbery that came off the house.
When I got home I noticed that with all the exitement, I really didn't feel anything.
I'm around fire a lot so it's nothing to jump into a fire, now if I had saved them from a Sasquach or a gang of frothy Neo-con, chicken hawk, Republicans, then it would have exited me.It could have been worse
http://clipjunkie.com/Fireworks-factory-explodes-vid73.html

2 comments:

Dingo Dizmal said...

OK I just looked at the damage in the day light, it looks like the fire still had two feet or so more befor it reached the house (you can look it's at 26th and Summner NE) It's a hellava crater where the fire was and at that time in the morning it looked like the house had already sterted burning.

Anonymous said...

yoinks! good job on that fire deal. man, says a lot about fireworks (and the lunkheads who misuse them) that the fire dept was too busy to respond.

if you have a friend who works in an emergency room (i do), be sure to ask them for details on what this week was like for them. i bet you they use the word "hamburger" more than once. and i am not talking about the foodstuff.

Dingo walking Doggo