Sunday, July 02, 2006

I woke up feeling cRuMmY!

Exept for the two hours or so after I get home from work and the few hours of doing circus practice or shows, it's like I'm always either asleep or at work, life has lost meaning so much that I no longer need to know what day it is because they are all the same. At work I'm doing dishes and cleaning up puke and at home same thing.
Caffo has it much worse as she never gets more than a few hours of sleep in a row ever, it sucks.
But my mom called today from Texas and I felt better, she was in the hill country driving a truck home for someone and I would have felt homesick (that's my favorite part of Texas and my favorite Texan, bet you can guess who my least favorite Texan is) but I didn't Portland is my home, but talking to my mom sure was cool.
Speaking of puke, why is it that when some kid turns 21 they gotta go into my bar and order a Long Island Ice Tea? They do this a lot.
I guess it's the only drink they know, I advise against it.
This kid came in, ordered a Long Island and a burger, ate enough of the burger to allow me time to show up, clock in and then he puked all over the fossil bar.
I cleaned it up right in front of him and asked him how he was doing.
He looked at me with that "feel sorry for me because I'm drunk look" and said "I'll be alright" in a weak voice.
I smiled and in my best game show host voice said "No you will not sir, I know a thing or two about the G.I. tract and you my messy friend, will be a lot worse before you are better."
They called him a cab.
As soon as I put all the bio stuff away a loud gasp and splash could be herd, I looked at the bar manager and she said "That kid just puked again didn't he'.
I said "Yes he did'.
He dumped puke on the floor and gave the lady sitting next to him a refreshing puke mist across her back peppered with bacon cheese burger and 5 kinds of booze.
An older man from down the bar got up and the look on his face told me that he may not know how to relate to the kids of today but he sure knows how to sober them up.
He told the kid to get his stuff and that he would give the kid a ride home.
The kid told him a cab was comming but the old man insisted, the kid thanked him by puking again on the mans shoe and dry heaving as the old saint dragged him out the door.The lady that got misted was ok and said "We all go through it."
I know cleaning puke for a living sounds fun but the reality is it's not, I'm just good at making the best of bad situations. I do Love my job at Concordia Ale House (200 beers, full bar, lots of good eats and friendly staff 33d and Killingsworth) but my motto is: "Fire your boss! work for yourself"
A single guy can live on a circus workers pay but a big bunch of dependants require a lot more, I'm working on it.

And now an unrelated link
http://www.pdxk.com/news/news.html
Of course it's not a hyper link because I'm an idiot but the guy has some cool footage of stuff around Portland and our bike scene.Cut and paste.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.