Saturday, September 07, 2024

wild portland stuff


Tonight some folks came into the tavern saying
"We are from Sellwood, we came to see some crazy Portland stuff."
I'm like alright. The Eagle Eye is a great start. "When does it get really wild?" I don't have an answer for that. Two hours later he hits me up again. "Dingo when it it gonna pop off?"
I only knew my own perspective. I was kind of happy nothing "popped off"
His comment made me assess what had gone down so far.
"Bartenders are charming and fast, Drink special is tight, KJ is spicy yet fair, Every table is full of lively people switching chairs so much it looks like "clique speed dating" it's easy to make new friends at Eagle Eye Tavern. Since the Sellwoodians arrived I deflected 3 random crazy folks from the street, bounced 3 donkeys who weren't acting right and tossed out a creepy conman right before thier very eyes. By the pool tables an North African man is drunkenly and aggressively trying to teach two tipsy Guatamalans English. Unfortunatly all involved are going to come away from this knowing less English than they started with.
On the positive side, one man sang "Willy wonka, Megadeth then Gangster rap and killed it on all three. This Scotts fellow (same accent as Wattie Buchan) sang Matallica's Creeping death while cursing The former Queen of England between every phrase. Q.E. is livin rent free in his head. A lady sang the "I like big butts" song and the room erupted into a sea of twerks. Next was a John Denver number but that didn't stop the twerk storm. Currently there is a spikey punker singing "The Gambler" who clearly has never heard any Kenny Rodgers song in his life.
How much more entertainment do they need? LOL!

No comments:

mother Goose Rock