Sunday, July 07, 2024

stolen bike Eagle Eye tavern

My bike was stolen the other night. I got it back. I was helping close the other night at Eagle Eye Tavern. We wrapped up, I unchained the bike and briefly walked in to say goodnight to my coworkers. As I was doing so I saw someone outside walking by. My brain said "That guy was looking at your bike 2 hr's ago. Expect to detect movement." Sure enough moments later my bike was gone. I stepped out the door and saw the guy trundling up the block. I caught him with a brisk walk. He turned, saw me, I smiled, he dropped the bike and took off. I walked it back. He never had a chance. He was trying to score off the doorman. My only job is to have situational awearness. I didn't get mad. If I can catch you with a walk, you got enough problems. Also it was my fault. Leaving a bike unlocked at 2;30 am on 92nd. street is basically giving it away.




I got the bike to play a raggamuffin clown punk game called "Bigger Better" it's where we trade something like a pretty rock for something a little more valuable and keep trading up The goal is to trade something like a feather or warped cassette tape in a long line of parlay until it's something like a motorcycle wich can then be sold traded or blown off/given away for the fun of it. I traded a picolo for this bike. I wanted to keep trading it but then I got divorced and it thankfully became my main transpo. I love it and I'm glad to have it. Thats the back story.

No comments:

mother Goose Rock