Friday, March 10, 2023

Ill season for O&D.

We both been jacked up a long time now. Olive had to get unpleasantness removed (she doesn't want to talk about it, please don't ask her) and i have a herniated disk and sciatica. This cost us a lot of work but it's all part of life. Before that mess we were jacked up from bike injuries, death in the family and mental stresses from plague and custody court. Usually it's one or the other who is in a bad way and the other steers the ship. This year it was both of us. We are both dedicated to getting better. We spend a long time every day working our way to being well enough to do gigs. Somehow teamwork and adrenaline is seeing us thru. I'm posting this because our social media has too much illusion. We only break out the camera when something amazing is happening so it looks like we are getting nothing but net. That isn't intentional, just the illusion that comes with internet. At the doc shop yesterday they told me that usually a patient who walks in with internet knowledge isn't helpful but this time the fact that I studied was a good thing. They said i was making a great come-back because i looked up what excersises to do. My back calamity is the worst, most sustained pain I ever endured in my life. But there is always a silver lining in clown camp. We aren't gonna be defined by our problems, we want to show our son how we overcome them. I love how seeing me writhe in pain prompted our son to step up his game. He has been helping out a lot, doing chores, taking himself to school and showing empathy. This isn't inspiring me to get better LOL. Also going thru the torment inspired a whole notebook of lyrics for my new band Sciatitallica!






No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.