Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Very busy day. We took the boy to school, loved on my parents, loaded up and shot out across town to entertain thousands of people in the JR. Rose Parade.

 


It was exhilarating but taxing. Folks screamed our names the whole way and we worked hard to not disappoint them. I loved hearing people explain to others who we were every block. We were sandwiched between two marching bands. One playing Chicago "25or6to4" and the other was playing Boston "More than a feeling" I was loving that.
They gave Olive a giant #9 sign for her bike. I knew that wasn't our place in the mix. Turns out that was our exhibit number the tv news crew use to talk about our bios when we pass. Soon as it was over we lit out across town to be backstage-ists in a play.
A couple days ago Olive said "Hey this kids play is in peril. The director got the Covids and they need a show biz type to run stage right. Olive and these kids have been practicing a long time. I crunched the script and did my best to hit the cues and move the right stuff.
Today after the parade Olive and I again crunched the script to get me up to speed. Luckily the director tested clean so i no longer had to move props or curtains.
I actually got to play a part in the play. I was the Phone, doorbell and school dismissal bell. The play was written by an 8 year old and performed by herself and 10 friends for the parents. They did splendidly. I was delighted as I read along that all the kids.
They knew their lines for the most part. There were pages and pages of lines. I was impressed. I also liked that the script writer told a good story without rambling or overtelling.
It's the end of an era project for their kid group. Childhood in the can, they are off to JR. High. I just met most of them and I'm sooooo proud of them.
Glad my son and my parents got to spend the day together while Olive and I were fooling and not fooling around.







No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.