Thursday, June 16, 2022

Biking down Powell in construction worker drag

 We were talking about the diminutive phrases people use on us sometimes and Olive reminded me of a good un. I was riding down Powell blvd. dressed in construction worker garb and riding a 10 speed. It's a dangerous street for bikes so i found that it was much safer to look like a hardhat who got a DWI than a bike punk clown. Anyhoo. at a stop a guy still recognized me. 

"Dango! Hey man. Where's yer little bike and yer little girlfriend...and yer little hat?" 

I thought "There is nothing little about anything you mentioned. All those nouns are larger than life." I just smiled, waved and kept going leaving that statement awkwardly hanging in the air. It was delicious.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.