Friday, April 01, 2022

Grease Monkey!

I was loading up our gear when i was approached by a monkey...a grease monkey. A friendly fellow in mechanics drag. He said "Sorry to bother you Mr. Clown (I love when they don't know who i am but they do know what I am.
"My wife is the manager of this gas station. She's working so hard. Can I give you $5 for a balloon rose? "

I got to say my favorite phrase..."I don't want your money. I would be happy to make you a flower for your person. "At least take a dollar." No thanks. I want that even less.
I never want a dollar for an awesome balloon. His balloon was already paid for.

So often people overpay us and say "Use the extra to make someone's day" This is what they pay forward for. I'm happy to do it.

His happy wife is pay enough for me. I made a meter long red rose and he walked off smiling ear to ear. After he was gone i began to regret not taking the dollar. I have to take the bus a lot and correct change is a value I forgot about.

Then i looked in my hand. I did take his dollar. I guess I'm altruistic in focus but still totally a carnie.

Any-hoo, making his day made my day. :) Right on Grease Monkey!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.