Tuesday, March 15, 2022

My fave landmark is still around kind of.

 I thought it was a memory but it's still there. Some folks know I have been a massive fan of a peculiar Portland landmark. A legend in my own mind. It is the spilled Ice cream Sunday in my favorite Mexican restaurant. I first noticed it in 2017, photographed it in 2018 and 2019. Checked on it in 2020 it was there. I first saw it when it was fresh and I followed it's journey of inertia as it slowly spread and dried out. Over the years it lost it's bling but still it persisted. I checked in on it a lot The best part is that this place doesn't sell ice cream. That's why 

I love this survivor. Anyways, I checked in today to find it's lithified remains entombed under a layer of paint. Yes. This spill was so cool they painted over it. I had all 2017 to take it's picture but I had no idea it would last so long. It used to have amazing accessories. A cup, straw, spork, sprinkles and chocolate. The cherry stuck around at least 6 months. Wish i had a shot of it in it's original glory.

today
2019/20

2018




No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.