Monday, February 14, 2022

Teen angst

 My son and i were waiting for the bus together outside his school. Across the park a bunch of kids shouted his name greeting him. He awkwardly waved to them. Then they shouted at the kid next to him "Hi Timmy!" Timmy was a bit younger, Tim replied "Fuk Yew!" in a loud cracking voice. Then the 10 kids yelled back "No Fuk YUUU!" Suddenly all the kids around us were yelling "fuk you" across the park at each other. They were doing it in the most joyful way too. What a clever way to blow off steam after a day of public school. I looked at my boy, he was mortified, me, best thing that happened all week. I said "Sorry you have to be here with your Dad. I know you would be yelling fuk you if I wasn't standing here." His frown broke. "True." "Me too son, me too"

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.