Friday, December 31, 2021

I was gonna say tonight is a good night to monitor the police scanner.

New Years and the 4th of July are always a great mix of entertaining and "OMG why did i think this was a good idea." But that was the old house tradition. We now live in one of the neighborhoods often mentioned on the scanner. We only need to look out the window.

🙂
Reminds me of our first place. Once O&I were walking with some groceries when a cop rolled by, then another, then squad cars poured out of every street all lit up. They raced at us from 2 directions. O&I froze in the lights as one screeched to a halt, We blindly stood bolt upright as they scanned us, decided we aren't the droids they are looking for and quickly peeled out. I kissed Olive being glad we got away with that thing we didn't do. We still had to get into our cave and didn't know who they were chasing or where that person is. A fire truck rolled by a couple ambulances and a helicopter. We got inside, flipped the scanner on in time to hear "10-4 Caesar Chavez and Powell are blocked, the only individuals are those people who ride the big bikes ." We looked at one another and gleefuly cheered "we're police scanner famous!" Not our fave venue but still a feather for our clown caps.
I'm having wine tonight. We have a drinking game where we listen to the scanner and drink every time they mention a number. I'm not falling off the wagon, we only have the one bottle.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.