Tuesday, October 19, 2021

bus foibles

 Waiting for the bus today a young man approached me "Excuse me Sir. I hate to ask but would you go into this dispensary and get me some weed?" I have done what he is doing a lot back in the day. Even after I was of age I never could keep an ID with my rough and tumble lifestyle. I asked people to buy me beer and cash checks well into my 30. "I can't (I said pregnantly) My son is getting out of school and i have to pick him up." He understood and bid me farewell. I wouldn't have done it anyway so i'm glad circumstance gave me an out. When i met up with my son and his friend another kid walked up and said "Are you Angus's dad? Angus has a cool Dad!" and he ran off. My son is used to people freaking out sometimes when they see me but not in that way. "I have no idea who that kid is Dad." I was like "Great. Now i gotta make sure not to talk to a single kid the whole time my boy is in school. If there is a rumer that I'm cool, the last thing I wanna do is muss it up by letting them know I'm a Dad as far as they are concerned. My boy and his friend started talking about pop culture. I couldn't relate. Luckily I spotted something most familiar. The latest model Jay and Silent Bob. They may not know who that is but I know that's who that is...my tribe. I noticed from the Kiss shirt and scheming body language. The bus showed up already packed with kids from another school. We all crammed in. My Boy hung out with the chess set while I nudged my way near Jay and S-Bob. They rightfully ignored me (as i would have) and it was a pleasure to get up to date on the latest hoodlumry. I was extremely entertained by the expressions of people waiting for the bus as they noticed it packed like sardines. I was laughing because that's the face I made when first seeing that parade.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.