Friday, May 21, 2021

THEY DONT SELL ICE CREAM.

2017-2021 I just checked my fave spill! It's almost gone. Some folks know I have been a fan of this peculiar Portland landmark. A legend in my own mind. It is the spilled Ice cream Sunday in my favorite Mexican restaurant. I'm not mentioning the name on purple. It lasted from 2017-2020. I first saw it when it was freshly spilled full ice cream Sunday complete with , dome lid, pink spoon sprinkles and a cherry. Had I known it would become furniture (and one of the few constants in my life) I would have photographed it. I followed it's journey of inertia as it slowly fell apart, spread out and dried up. Over the years it lost it's bling but Spilly persisted. It survived a remodel. One day a tv shoot was happening! I ran in...still there phew. I checked in on it a lot. It was always there. I even ran interference once when I thought an employee was too near it with a wet rag. I had to draw them away without drawing attention to the stain. Good old fake seizure did the trick. Whew that was close. The best part is that this place doesn't sell ice cream. THEY DONT SELL ICE CREAM. Do you see why I am so impressed? It was a literal snowball in hell. I loved it. It's a survivor in an otherwise cleanish eatery just like me. I'm sweet and all blown out too. I'm gonna call this case closed. Spilly RIP. you will be missed.

THEY DONT SELL ICE CREAM

 

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.