Tuesday, February 16, 2021

ice storm 2021

 4am 48 hr's ago we had lights for a bit. I was charging batteries Olive walked into the room up from sleeping and said. "I need you to follow me right now." I thought "Ooh someone is in trouble, that's the way she talks when she is about to sic me on somebody. I was wrong. An ice laden tree branch fell, crashing through power-lines. An hour later the lights cut off. It was dark, we didn't know what to do. Should we walk people? No sparks so we chilled out. I asked "Should I make some coffee and watch this thing? Heating coffee wasn't an option so Olive got some snow and made us vodka/blackberry snowcones (she is the Berry girl, I'm no surprised). No fires so we eventually crashed out. I actually liked spending lots opf time without being enveloped in constant electrical fields. The lights just came back on but the train wreck across the street is the same. guess i had nothing to do with the outage.









No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.