Saturday, September 26, 2020

Target. I usually don't leave the house but today I went to Ciblé with a gift card.

Half our income comes from various kinds of donations. It was set up like that so we would know if we are washed up. When the donae stops, we know to stop. Thankfully it hasn't in over 10 years. We recently got a Hunner dolla gift card for the retail shop called Target. That was so frikkin cool. I didn't know exactly what to do with the generous gift. In the spirit of clowning should I blow the whole C note on detergent and hit up every fountain some night? Not this time. I think the idea was more along the lines of keeping us on the map until we can gig again. I wasn't sure what Target sells. We aren't into a lotta products as much as raw materials. I sat on the card until my last Micro SD card wore out. Today I went.

I passed all the shopkeepers before noticing that I had no idea where the micro SD card bin was. Sometimes when I need help in a big store I go to the birth control aisle and stare at the camera. People steal rubbers a lot so it's a great way to get immediate attention. I didn't know where that was either. Eventually I found the realm de electronics. "Can I help you?" I see the friendly worker and instantly forgot all about my query. I'm looking at a person who is having to work during a plague, rolling the dice every day...and I'm here about some SD cards. Pff. I was so busy being proud and mortified I didn't hear them say "Can you please give me 6' of space to protect myself." Me falling over myself: "Yes, yes, it's the least I can do. Carry on. You rule the school."

Olive had burned her iron out so I got her one of those then beat it out of there. Getting to the bike I was emotional about the workers within. There has got to be some way to thank and protect the essential workers. If you have any ideas let me know.

No comments:

Dingo walking Doggo