Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Craziness in Philly.

Lots of damaged douchebags roaming around.
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/gun-waving-suv-driver-crashes-parade-celebrating-nurses.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=theoregonian_sf&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR02zMvmCIxMlyEktmR-xZf6u-s1-c2sxXB69vvTHi7UPLNNm6F8ZZy7xUA
This kind of reminds me of something that happened here in Puddletown last week.
I was listening to the cop radio late one evening. The cops were buzzing around looking for an angry guy who was shooting a pistol off over the roofs of cars waiting at an intersection.
As they chased the street numbers were inching closer and closer to our house. I was thinking "any moment this nut will be running through my yard.
I had just lit a joint, I wasn't moving without a fight.
Then everything changed.
One of the police was telling his comrade where the guy was. "He's beyond the yellow brick road" and then it hit me.
Maybe the crazy guy with the hand canon is just a simple farm boy stuck in the big city wanting to furrow his field back home.
Or maybe the cop was a massive Elton John fan?
Maybe police radio banter is full of a lot of metaphors.
By the time I crawled out of that "true crime/classic rock" rabbit hole, my joint was gone and I went inside...like ya do.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.