Wednesday, August 14, 2019

supafightz!we stumbled onto the scene of a fight

Oh-oh spaghetti-O. It kicked off today over on SE 38th. We stopped by the grocery for some grocery just in time to see a dude getting loaded into the meat wagon. Boy was he tore up!

I decided to do some citizen reporting and a bit of a social experiment. I thought "I will go down there and see if I can get the story without asking any questions.
Often when something happens I don't have to ask, there is usually someone standing around who can't wait to tell everyone what happened. Clowns are a magnet for that information and I include it in my security culture tactics when needed. My "no questions" ploy went out the window as soon as I saw the bat on the ground and forgot my social experiment.

I asked "So is it free bat day?" Then the people standing around quickly told me what happened. Two different work trucks in the parking lot of the bank. One truck got towed away. The guys in the other truck thought it was funny, words were exchanged followed by bottles and bats.
It looked like it was 2 on 1 but the one (guy in his late 50's) creamed the two. People kept screaming at the rental cop to break it up. He told them he is only legally allowed to defend himself. I relate.

I don't think the older combatant got arrested. Can you imagine getting your truck towed AND getting the crap beat out of you?
At least he got to get beat up with his colleague. That kind of bonding builds great work chemistry (if they get to stay employed).
like what we do? :)oliveanddingo.com/donate

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.