Sunday, July 21, 2019

Protecting my esoteric P town landmark

I almost royally screwed up. My favorite taco place hosts one of my favorite esoteric Portland landmarks.
This ice cream spill has been here since Summer 2017. It's amazing that a spill can last that long in a busy restaurant with plenty of staff.
Also it's a minor miracle to behold a fossilized ice cream spill in a place that doesn't sell ice cream.
This spill means a lot to me and today I almost ruined it.
I walked in to find a bunch of beer bottles on the ledge. Quickly I went to dispose of the litter before it attracts a more thorough cleaning.
But while doing that I dropped one of the bottles (buttafingiz) smashing it loudly.
Employees came in to check the commotion. I asked for a broom but they wouldn't let me.
So I just stood between the ice cream and certain scrubbery. They quickly scooped the glass and went back to bigger and better tacos.
(Whew that was close)

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.