Sunday, June 09, 2019

My partner keeps me honest.

She is more into equality than I am most of the time. Like yesterday, we were out busking and communing with the Ptown denizens.
I yell "AAh Olive, I just stepped on a frikkin bum turd!"
And she responded "Why is it automatically decided that it's a homeless person crapping on the path. Drunks and tourists come through here all the time."
I would have loved to explore the debate about my phrasing but at the moment my social blunder wasn't first on my list of priorities.
"Bum turd" is Clown House jargon that is still in my head.
We used to live on Mississippi ave. next to a huge homeless encampment by the tracks.
We had a shaggy dog called Bear who loved nothing more than rolling in a fresh mound of hobo dung and then shaking off in our livingroom.
It's a hard phrase to forget.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.