Saturday, September 22, 2018

Hanging out with this hip couple from Japan who are staying at our house.

Hanging out with this hip couple from Japan who are staying at our house. We had some of our family over tonight and all of us sat around with the babblephones out trying to communicate with our new friends. We never had time to take our clown stuff off after gigs today so they are very brave to spend so much time talking to clowns.

They had no idea we would be here and a dimmer idea of what we even are. We are getting along swimmingly though. The couple looked at me puzzled when I complimented their English. I said compared to my Japanese language skills, you two are an English professors.
Now our family has left and we are still at it with the cultural exchange. I'm asking a lot of Japanese words and forgetting them as soon as I hear them, yeah, I'm sexy like that.
Hopefully some of it sticks. Clowns need to know how to talk to everybody. It's tedious but well worth struggling through the language barrier to communicate and enjoy our latest "single serving friends". They got married 9 months ago and just now found time for the Honeymoon.

We all have loads of questions for each other about water, life, language and culture.
There is a Japanese guest in the other room as well strangely enough. She asked that we teach her how we make a traditional American breakfast. My traditional Sunday breakfast is the "racecar no driver" (Cannabis and coffee till lunchtime, roastin bowls and sippin joe.) so I wouldn't suggest my no gig day Bfast fave. Looks like we will be Americaning breakfast for three Japanese single serving friends in the morning. I hope we can come up with something to properly rep our hunk of Erff. I don't want to make them greasy fat bombs. I asked what they like for the first meal of the day in Japan. Turns out a good breakfast over in Tokyotown is rice, tufu and veggies. We are thinking pancakes, yogurt and fruit?

1 comment:

Dingo Dizmal said...

update: I thought I missed it. We slept in. Olive spent most of the morning in her bathrobe and coincidentally I spent the morning in her bathrobe as well. We soon could hear a lot of Japanese language coming from downstairs. The couple had just discovered that with lady across the hall was also from Japan. They reminded me of the "Land down under" song only they come from the Land of the rising sun. I made them coffee with the Moka pot. They found that fascinating. Then I made them an omelette from the ingredients they bought at a farmer's market yesterday. I wanted to offer them some of our local grown Cannabis but they are kind of treating the notion like I'm offering them heroin. Personally I don't even take asperin, I dislike drugs a lot but Cannabis and coffee are mild enough to fly under my radar. We are learning a lopt of their language. Morning is great for that. Lots of words are the same...like Mango.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.