Thursday, January 17, 2008

It happened again!

The day after the Max wreck happened I was walking down Hawthorne eating a sandwitch, when a big white step truck side swiped a beer truck BLAMMO!
I dropped to the ground like I was in downtown Kabul at the sound, I'm pretty used to unexpected explosions and the like, I got the hell out of the way without needing to see what the noise was.
I looked in time to see a cascade of glass and metal shotgun a cross walk, if someone had been standing there, it would have been messy.
The truck went around the corner fast and I was on foot, what are the chances? two side swipes in as many days?
I sat down outside Noah's and one of the employees came out, "Hi Dingo whatcha doin?"
"I told him I have become a pro witness to traffic trouble in Ptown.
He gave me a free tea as I sat waiting for the beer truck driver, it was exciting to wonder the drivers reaction.
He came out and was looking to get in his truck.
"hey Mister, is this your rig?"
He looked at me and as usual I forgot I look like a living cartoon and that translated to this fella as "FREEK!"
"Yeah it's my truck, " he looked at me and quickly turned away.
I got a little angry at his "Tude" and lost my benevolent approach...
"Yeah well some hillbilly's just side swiped you baw haw haw!"
He looked at the damage...
"just a mirror or two, he mumbled to himself over the roar of Hawthorne street at 3 pm."
I was gonna give him a discription but he was such an asshole I didn't care anymore.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.