Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I go to three coffee shops,

I go to three coffee shops, they have different things available to me that I like, the corporate one, has classical music and a view of Hawthorne Street, I get over the overpricedness and think to myself "At least it's not Starbucks (across the street).
The one thats close is nice for music too, but the main selling point is that it's close, the employees though very nice but are far too cool to talk to sometimes, it's like the swankyest Burning man cafe ever.
The place is empty all the time, I can help with that but they just laugh at me.
The third and most important is Muddy Waters Coffee house, it has internet connection, nice folks and I work there, bring in your own coffee cup and it's only a buck.There is also the Concordia Coffee House in NE Portland (On Alberta street) it's kind of far away from my house but they are hosting my Rubber Chicken set of paintings.

*
One thing I never understood how to deal with, when you are in show biz for many years, nice folks comp your order, it happens all the time, free stuff.
Trust me, I'm not complaining, I rely on it, it's just in front of everyone else,it makes me feel like a jerk, the rest of the folks look at me like "Who the hell are you buddy?"
I like to wait when I go into places that I'm known in until there is nobody around to get the sweet freebies.
Today I pushed the money in the girl's hand hoping she would stick it in the till but instead she threw it back at me and said "Dingo, I don't know why you still try to pay all the time.".
I looked around, people in front of me, people behind, all looking at me.
I put the money on the counter and spayed it out so she would have to take enough time collecting it, for me to get away.

It's part of why I stopped drinking booze, if you often don't have to pay for it, why bother regulating, sometimes I get so spun on coffee because it's free and can't function well.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.