Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wow, I guess I'm up.

So far so horror, Iv'e been having a piss poor day full of distraction and unpleasant sounds and events, typical day off stuff.
My spirtis were just lifted a little in the time between loads of laundry and Dawg Snax production.
I went into the office, clicked on the TV and sat down to look for my untouched, cold coffee I baught two hours ago before "The Distraction events".
PBS was showing an opera, Chinese composer Tan Dun's "The First Emporor" featuring Placido Domingo.
I love classical music, I don't much care for the screetching opera stuff plus I don't much care for the "human interest stories" I wanna hear the band.
I was looking for my drink and my ear caught the sound of the Tenor singing.
I looked up and there stood Mr. Domingo in full Chinese garb and with ahuge stage set.
There was a guy singing in a Latin based Germanic tounge (English) about chinese emporor issues, A modern piece with very old tradition, it was greatThe screetching singing part still made me tired.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.