Monday, December 04, 2006

If I did tag the hood, heres how...

Ok, I'm just funnin. I didn't paint up the neighborhood. Don't believe me? Let me tell ya lil story...
I woke up after getting two hours sleep (up with the baby), to find all the new buildings around the Clown House marked up. I was awake when it happened, but as usual I was far too distracted by work and baby to notice any shadows moving in the night.
That really sucks, tell ya why: it looks like I had something to do with it.
The colors are similar to the ones we use, I had just published an article on this blog complaining about gentrification, and they used themes like “Buy Nothing Day” and “Gentrification,” like we have been.
When the news was doing a story about the tags, I was riding by on a colorful bike like a buffoon, and the news quickly turned the camera on me, so they got pictures of the tagged wall then me. A few hours later, another news crew was doing a story, and also got me on camera. I look like a desperado!!!!
Little known fact...I hate spray paint, it's nasty to the environment, it's ugly, and it stinks.
I do like tagged railroad cars, I must admit.
The thing is, if I were to do a tag job, I would use a brush and it would be cool lookin. Also it would be in the Clown House yard on a plaque not on anyones property.
We have a few clues as to who did it, I think it was someone's way of supporting us, turns out it was a stupid way to help. YA COULD HAVE JUST DONATED A FEW BUCKS!
We have the best propaganda machine in the territory, and there's no score in tearing up the neighborhood. I feel like I got framed, people are giving me dirty looks, and this crap really blew the credibility of a comic we are putting out, called “Gentrifigal Force.”
I have people whispering about me being the tagger, and the other day a man put his finger in my chest and blurted, “This used to be a Black neighborhood, mother fucker!”
In a world where 70% of what people say to me is asking for stuff, little sleep, too much work zero apreciation, I sure could use a break.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.