Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hosting the Ezza Rose CD release party at the Melody Ballroom.









I got there and they informed me that they were making a live album and my voice would be in it!
No pressure or nuthin...



It takes a long time to set up a show like this...

admission guy with clever cash register.

A room this big swallows up people so a hundred souls look like about thirty people.

I love the hour or two before a show starts...It's the anticipation, the stillness...the silence.


Right as it was getting time to start; the crowd began filing into the grand hall.
A nice fat sizable crowd all dressed up fancy, all my hopes of a messy act went out the window.
I was still pretty happy to see a huge turnout for my friend... and me too, the door cash gets split between the sound guy and the clown.




The boss makes her plan and tells her fool what to do...and more importantly, what not to do!
"No biting, no kicking, no licking my grandmother.


The night started off with Shoeshine Blue, and Ezza sat in for some songs, it was tight! I wish I had more photos.

Sound guys are hard to photograph because they are always moving so fast!

Olive visited me at work!

Audie Darling! She had some cool merch for the folks!




Lance!
I think he was just out there to rock my face off! he was an animal and I don't think he was there to hawk any CDs he just had some songs to deal with.





Ezza had a hansome fella playing a typwrited in her set. (I wonder if my girlfriend knows what a type writer is?)








Right after the show the crowd rushed to the cd table a bought a bunch of CDs.
Good Job Ezza!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.