Saturday, June 02, 2007

pinga's peeps

I talked to Pinga's relative today, it was great!
His family members are calling a lot, because he is getting married soon.
Last month, the phone would ring, I pick it up, no sound, just before I hang up I hear “Tiago ev2y2t1c?”
I would advise that he is gone to work, then loooong silence, then “Tiago wwbvrivie?”
I would again repeat myself, eventually hanging up and feeling like a dope.
I knew that Pinga's dad won the Nobel Prize, but I wondered wondered if his mom may be retarded.
Why would someone ask a question, ponder it for a long time, and then act like they didn't hear me.
I mustered the courage to approach Pinga about it, I walked up to him about to ask “ Say Pinga, is your Mama retarded?” He probably wouldn't engage me on the spot but I bet I would find something evil in my bed or food.
He told me that theres a delay in the broadcast, as it travels from Brazil to here. They sound like that because we aren't in the same space and time.
You learn somethin every day.

No comments: