Monday, May 07, 2007

Sun flecks


I love this weather, it's a fine selling point for the region. I love the way the North West looks forbidding and frozen from afar.
When I was out in the country, makin my living on the roads of this land, I never felt the need to venture where it's cold and wet. Wet makes backpacks heavier and wet.
I had enough of a bad time where it's warm and wet.
I had managed to end up in Florida, at the end of the road, it was hot and wet.
But you get used to the rain.

I used to love to drink beer with friends, while standing around in the rain.
The problem was, after a few beers it's no longer good enough to simply stand around, I want to climb a water tower or suspention bridge, once I did a tower, piss drink on vodka, in a nylon suit, in freezing rain.
Bobby Panama saved my life that night, I eventually quit drinking and climbing.

I like riding bikes this time of year, when the rain pours on you, but then you get bright sunshine, drying you off again. The very air you breathe is moist as the sun is in your face.
I love to smell the droplets evaporating off the tall grass shooting up from the wet soil... I hate grass.

1 comment:

Dingo Dizmal said...

Sorry I don't know who took this photo,Jon?
It's the Wedding of Turbo and Reddish.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.