Sunday, October 21, 2018

We got our yard done did.

 The innkeeper hired a nice fellow who spent the day sprucing up the yard. I knew just enough Spanish to disappoint him on how little Spanish I knew. What I do know, I pronounce perfectly. We really enjoyed his company. Olive was her usual gracious self. She made him a huge lunch and we sat together talking in broken English and broken Spanish. He really appreciated the Innkeeper for over paying him and Olive's kindness went a long way. He told us he has had a bad week of people underbidding him, speaking down to him and whatever "Truckka de Donal Trump" is. 
The day before a "trukka de Donal trump" was passing many times yelling at him to go back to his home country (Republic of Bakersfield Ca.?)We had a lovely lunch and he told us all about his kids and grand kids. 
At first I was grumpy that he was coming. I'm a worker-bee too and I don't like missing hustles. It worked out, we made a friend and it was impressive watching the 60+ year old man working like a young buck all day and carrying huge loads. 
If ya wanna hire Jose (and not lowball him) drop us a line, we will pass on his card.
http://oliveanddingo.com/donate/

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.