Thursday, July 26, 2018

I'm about to start punching you in the face... a lot.

I just told a man "I'm about to start punching you in the face... a lot. I don't want to do that in front of your son. Be anywhere else right now." 

I was smiling as I noticed him suddenly understand he was in immanent danger. The look on his face said "This clown is about to start punching me in the face a lot." He beat it out of there. 
Fortunately I have a really strong temperament. I wasn't even mad. I simply had to take action. He had put his hands on me, said a lot of really obnoxious stuff in front of several tables of kids. He demanded balloons from me without saying please or offering anything. Actually, he asked for balloons in the form of a guilt trip. Ha! Whadda sap.
 I put up with it but I had to close on him after he started saying vulgar stuff to Olive and trying to force a hug on her. 
I'm so glad he left. He was basically a piggy who was goating a dragon in sheep's clothing...but I didn't want to burn him. The very last thing I want to do is throw down with some palooka in front of a bunch of kids. 
That said I must also admit that when I was a 9 year old the highlight of any parade (especially during the Spirit of 76) was watching 1970's dad fights happening between the floats and marching bands. They had the mustaches, goofy looking shorts and Lone Star beers. Ha! good times. 
Anyhoo...Afterwards another Dad let me know he saw the whole thing and had my back. Thanks Dad.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.