Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Our new crib awaits

New digs. Here is where we are gonna live starting next month.

After 9 years we are finally leaving the small apartment by the bottle return. It's gonna be less room but more secure and we get to be neighbors again.

It's interesting archaeology taking our place apart after so long.
I wanted to move out the traditional Clown House way (dumpster everything, then dumpster dive all new stuff from the new hood) but I guess Olive likes her things.
So many stories all over every inch of this place (I'm replacing the shower head so I can keep the current one with me as a trophy).
The rest of my stuff I have been donating by the box load. I just put stuff out by the street and boom, it's gone. It was funny to walk down the street yesterday and see two homeless looking people pontificating word salad while wearing glittery boas, my old crown and in front of them was a small garage sale of clown detritus.



Olive is a lot more sentimental than I. This is the only place she has known as an adult so I'm being as sensitive as possible. She wants to take most stuff with her.
LOL


We are moving in with good Portland people in SE.into a house that blends into the background. Perfect for hiding in plain sight. I have been living in public for over 19 years now. I'm so eager to go underground again. We have this top floor for us and the boy. The bottom 2 bedrooms are posh looking air BNBs. That means you can live with us if you have the feds to rent by the night. I'm looking forward to being a good roommate to the owner and the roster of strangers living downstairs. I imagine it would be pretty cool to be a tourist who rents a room downstairs from Olive and Dingo. We can give them the skinny on where to go, what to avoid and maybe even let a few ride our tallbikes.
We are paying the same rent as before but none of the bills. That should help us save up some dough to make an album. We are having a garage sale on the 20th to help cover the cost of moving.
We asked for G-sale stuff donations and got some neat items for the sale. The problem with that is the donated stuff is really cool. We have to be disciplined.
It's gonna be a fun sale. If folks don't have enough cash, clown with parlay for stunts and penalties.
"OK, ya want the clock? Lets see how long you can drink from the hose without stopping, Dingo just ate a plate of huevos rancheros...If he can't beat your hose drinking time then the clock is all yours Friend."
After the sale, everything gets re-donated into the community. We are very grateful.
Living somewhere else is a big step for us but a swell chance to grow and be proud of each other.
I wonder what it will be like listening to the police radio and not having what they are talking about be happening 30 feet away. I'm sure evesdropping on Portland will never lose it's luster. lol

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.