Friday, January 31, 2014

"Have a nice day, stay ignorant,"


"Have a nice day, stay ignorant," HAHAHA a lil old lady at my door got a bit fussy about not saving my soul today. Wish she didn't think i was ignorant, not only can i put everything in her pamphlet into accurate historical context...I could also tell her that the door she is currently knocking on is a Hindu family from India (ironically a place that had a Jesus character long before Rome) who will be even less interested in McReligion than I am. 
 I can tell she is normally very sweet but frustrated today because she is trying to sell superstition to an informed, diverse environment that really knows better by now.
I'm hard wired to come to the aid of any and all Little old ladies, but she is on her own on this one. 
Missionaries suck! They are the first steps to stealing a country. #1 send in missionaries to undermine existing culture and set the population against itself (and it's own body). Then comes the army to enforce, then the companies to exploit. It repeats over and over. I'm too sick of mass disinformation to be any fun at the door.
She brought a pamphlet to a tank battle. I didn't feel the need to blow her out of the water with facts and deep understanding. I just can't give energy to something that is that harmful to the planet.It was deliciously ironic that she picked me to call ignorant.
 I love sharing religious rituals with all kinds of folks, I been all over and had lots of experiences, lots of old knowledge is full of love and there for a good reason. My favorite is "Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water, After enlightenment, chop wood carry water" brilliant. When I say Amen I mean it. I just don't think you are qualified to be president if your religion thinks all other religions are going to hell. If you come to my door with a xerox copy of an Iron age comic book, threats about the afterlife and a shake down...ya gotta expect me to respectfully decline that discussion. Had she come to the door stating "Hiya clown, wanna discuss some Bedouin camp tales and astrology, a Hebrew apocalypse cult, some ancient Egyptian and Assyrian holy legends, an Indian space Jesus, a land Jesus, Romans who launch Christianity, a Medieval translation, crusades and how it relates to the Victorian, industrial and eventually the Space Age...then we would be on the same page to rap all afternoon.

I gave up my groovy pagan/medieval religion( that was working just fine) because I didn't think it was fair for me to utilize superstition while decrying the oppressive iron age religions.We just need to work smarter all around. I have no desire to offend people. Folks I love very much are religious. It's just, if you come to the door trying to convert me to Baptism, you gotta know more about it than I do. It is funny that non-believers tend to know a lot more about the religions they study because we have nothing to lose from learning too much.


also in the parking lot!
landlord: "Like the new parking lot? Pretty cool huh?" "Sorry not so much, it is done with excellent craftsmanship but we only had 24 hrs to move our car. We spent time and money we didn't have just to get it moved, ultimately we only got it too far to push back and it was towed away (with a brand new starter and battery). To us it's a stinky reminder that we need to get out from under the thumb of Portland scumlords."....awkward! Things we would rather the $150 a month rent hike: Security (8 bikes got stolen this year), insulation, updating ancient fire hazard space heaters, replacing the 25 y.o. stained carpet with something that doesn't look like a Great Dane maternity ward, no rent hike.
The Clown House had the worst slumlords,way back then I was weary of people who treat people like cattle. The one thing that restores my faith in humanity is how much more the new generation knows than we did. My 7 YO son was walking on it and said "Y'know this is an attractive color but asphalt like this will be off-gassing for at least a year". Knowing that he is all researched up at that young age gives me hope for our kind of monkey.




No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.