Sunday, May 24, 2009

a confesion

um...uh...
Back in the late 80s and early 90s sometime, I was in a corporate circus...a big one.
As I was the youngest in the crew, I was the pee-on of the lot. I was hazed like mad by the prop crew... except for one time as the Behemoth Circus lumbered across the country we landed for a rest at a truck stop in rural TN. While everyone was taking a poop brake I grabbed the mic on one of the circus truck's C.B. radios and convinced some truckers that we were a rolling gay bar! Dun dun daaaa.
Being that trouble-makers usually find other trouble makers, it took about four hours before the truckers managed to zero in on some of the bullies in our show.
The men eventually got into a "squabble" that evolved into a "beef" that turned into a "Thing." Where was I? Uh, still in the cab looking and pointin'! I thought they all looked so stupid driving around screaming at each other all about who is a fag and who isn't. While I was sittin back smokin' cigs and eating awful microwave hamburgers.
If I had known we were spending the night I wouldn't have caused such a ruckus. Nobody ever knew or suspected that I caused all that until now.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The Prop crew would eventually become like brothers to me and one time gifted me a save from my boss.
Going from town to town in a semi truck IS uncomfortable. My boss wouldn't let me have a shift in the sleeper so I tied his shoe laces to some knobs while he slept. When the the caravan made a stop at a rest stop in Somewherelsistan USA my boss tried to hop out of be and he fell out of the cab and upside down hanging from his shoe.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
He pulled his knife out and cut the laces, falling so hard on his back we all could hear the air escaping him over the traffic and wind. He got up, met me with his eyes('cause who else would it be, right?) and charged at me with the knife. While me, the prey, ran into a flock of prop crew like a frightened baby yak. Mr. Bossy-pants triedto get me, only to be punked by the prop crew most of them wearing intimidating red jumpsuits like the jailbirds do.
Thanks apes! I didn't know it but my boss had sold them wet fireworks in the last town and they were through with him. They made him let me stay in the sleeper part of the big rig as long as I wanted.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I didn't have to get that off my chest or anything...I just want to save older memories before they vanish in a puff of canibinoids.
WORD!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.