Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Skye Blue!!AND BRUCE TOO

Bruce on LIL Texas


Happy Birthday Skye Blue!!
The two of us have been writing the story for the next show, it's exciting.
I thought her birthday party plan was gonna be jimmi hendrix lazor light show and some special fungus,
turned out the party is an afternoon trip to OMSI and no mushroom/lightshow.
OOPS now it's mushroom arcade afternoon, I gotta stay and do laundry.
ALSO
Happy Birthday to my son Bruce, two years old couple days ago on the 17th, YAY! you doubled your age boy!
He has no idea what a birthday party is yet so he wasn't dissapointed when his sister RPM got sick and his party got cancled.
If you want to do him a birthday present find a nice place for him, his mom and his dog and sis to move into after March, they are gonna need new digs soon.
I'm recalling my support of the Nob Hill 24 hour coffee shop, I was singing it's praises for being open so late but the bad service over ruled my opinion after I went in at 11:30 pm or later, I had my own two cups and asked for two mochas, the dude looked at me like I had just ordered lobster from Maine.
He squirted two drips of chocolate into my cups and then looked at me, "I can't do this...I'm too slammed with all of that."
We both followed his finger as he waved it across the room, it was empty save for a couple sitting at a table who already had drinks.
I read between the lines because I'm a Kitchen Ninja, he had lots of prep work as well as some food to cook, he looked green.
He gave me my two cups back with some free goo in the bottom.
Right before I went in I was stopped by the barista from my beloved Muddy Waters Coffee House, he said "Why are you going into that place?"
I told him that the service has been bad at best 100% of the time but I like the hours, I like getting what I want when I want it.
He said "Don't give that guy any money, I used to work for him, he is a prick."
"Did he treat everyone badly or were you incompetent?"
"No he treats everyone like dirt."
Good enough for me.
So I left with some cups+chocolate back to my sweet heart's pad, broke the news and vowed never to return.
Now days I like the coffee at Great Harvest bakery b y the max train downtown.
It's like I live in SE Portland but my bed is in NW Portland, most late nights I wrap up everything I need to do in my room, lock it up tight and ride a childs bike (lil Texas) to Meghan's place in NW where we hang out until 6am when we wake up, she heads to work and I hop busses with my bike, up all the hills and back to my room, I work nights.
It's a downhill drop from my place to hers, I hop on Hawthorne and get moving, Lil Texas hasn't the best break system so I can get up to terminal velocity and keep it going with little fear of my breaks getting in the way.
The brakes on Carl Larson's Stingray almost killed me last month.
As I descend the mighty hill, my little bike shakes and shimmys, almost like it wasn't made to take a full grown man at car speeds for 15 to 20 min bursts.
Once gravity takes me downtown I take the Max to PGE park, it's all LIL Texas from there, normally I wouldn't detail my movements but they are about to change and it is a memorable Portland commute, I plan to photograph lots of it soon.
I always stop to admire Portland from the Hawthorne Bridge, I spent 3 mins doing that last night even though I was being timed.
I have to go do laundry now, my method has been, throw dirty clothes in a box, by the time box is full it's moldy, throw out box, find new clothes.
Now I have a girlfriend and a better show biz job, now I'm all about looking good and actually buying some clothes (mostly socks) I'm also sporting bike lights, arntcha proud of me?

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.