Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kid club report, (warning..B.S. in 3..2..1*

OK so I went down to the shop for the open mic and it was dizmal, the weather was poot so I thought we would get a good turn out.
I noticed all the tables full of "Study Hallers" hanging out with single drinks, maybe a bagel ,
they all had laptops going sucking electricity and to my horror, a couple of woman had an entire spread of carrot sticks, dips and other groceries from Zoopans I guess (WTF?)
I didn't want to go in there like an asshole and chase them out without authority, Miranda had a full line and was dealing with lots of people.
So there were lots of people there but I don't know how profitable they were.
Boy will it be fun to see the faces when gangs of little kids and their moms come in to eat peanutbutter and sing crap songs bwahahahahahahahaha!
My publicity machine is churning but not fast enough for the day,we didn't yet get many people.
But there is good news and great news, I was waiting for today's outcome to check in with you.
The people that did show up decided to come next week and bring a slew of children for a birthday party, by then the fliers I made will be up in all the performing arts schools, it will be a packed house.

Sucky day, gonna be a great year!
Dingo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok dingo, i gotta call bullsh_t on this one. are you really saying you should have chased out these laptop-using folks from the cafe when you yourself talk about sitting on the computer in the cafe all the time? wtf, man? ok, major faux pas on the zupan food, but thats one table. "sucking electricity" with only a "single drink"? have you never done this? oh wait, you get comp'ed your drink cuz you are "famous".

so lets not start calling people names just cuz no one showed up at the gig. makes a few of us not want to show up for future ones. we have all been on a laptop with a cold cup of coffee wasting space. play nice, man.

(but yeah, dont bring in your veggie tray, please.)

Dingo Dizmal said...

SWEET!LOL
IF I say and do outlandish, stupid, misleading or corrupt stuff CALL ME ON IT!
I say it because I'm in the moment and thinking about it, I spend plenty of time brooding, plotting and scheming, sorry I'm a bit insane, I don't even own the venue!
I need to have a vent for evil sometimes, it's good for Portland.
I'm also pulling strings to see if anyone is out there.
I'm glad to finaly get a comment thats honest even if it is from an anonymous coward.
Is that ok or should I come up with any more excuses?
LOL thanks for commenting really.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.